Saturday, January 24, 2009

Accessing files from my school network on my own laptop


Accessing files from my school network on my own laptop?
Hi! I have just bought a Dell XPS M1530 laptop. My high school in the UK uses the RM (Research Machines) computer network for all their computer systems, and I was wondering if there was any way for me to access my files from my own laptop via the wireless network if I were to take my laptop to school. Thanks!
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Probably. You just have to figure out what the address of the server is, or what the local network name is.
2 :
You can only do this if the school allows you to. Which means that you have to get in contact with them and ask if this service is available. I got college in the United States so I understand how helpful it can be to be able to access the school's network from your computer. But its really up to the school and whether or not they want to allow their students to be able to do this.