Sunday, February 8, 2009

I live in the US, I want to go to a school in the UK! Read.


I live in the US, I want to go to a school in the UK! Read.?
So i LOVE travel. I LOVE the sound of the UK. I want to go to a boarding school in there. Im thinking about St. Maragrets, The Royal School Hampshire, and Kings School. I've read the website over and over. I would LOVE to go to a boarding school there. Well, my parents hardly travel. They hate it. How can I convince them to EVEN consider those schools? Boarding school is my dream, and i LOVE the UK, even though i've never been there. I know drama, yaddayaddayadda, i get it all day at regular school. I emailed the schools, actually. I put: "We understand boarding school is EXTREMELY expensive, and I didn't see any money aid on your website. I was wondering if they're was any possible way of lowering the cost for each term?" I have been many places for school. I actually went to Australia for fifth grade. It was amazing, I want to do it again. Not Australia, it was fun, but UK sounds nicer.
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Boarding schools are extremely expensive, so it would be a waste of time trying to convince them unless you had the money for it. Also, boarding schools usually have higher education, so try to look up the ranks for those schools and show your parents how much better the boarding school is than the one you go to now. Tell them that it would be more beneficial for your future to have an education from a boarding school; colleges will look at that as well and it will probably look a lot better than whatever school you're at now. When it comes time to get a job during this downtime in the economy, it will look better on your resume as well.
2 :
You won't get special accommodation. Since there's no aid, you have to pay the full cost, no exceptions. I HIGHLY suggest taking a trip and see these potential schools FIRST, so you can actually see what it's like in the UK and have a chance to experience it. Once you're out of the country for school, that's it. It's not easy to get back home if you hate it where you are.
Read more discussion :