Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Would my teaching certificate be valid in the UK


Would my teaching certificate be valid in the UK?
I am currently in school for music education and my aunt (who lives just east of London) wants me to move in with her when I graduate from school. I would be licensed to teach k-12 music here in the States; would I also be able to teach music or be a band/choir director at a school in the UK? Or would I need to get special certification there also?
Teaching - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You would need to do the Overseas Teacher course. http://www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/overseas-trained-teacher-programme.aspx You would be a music teacher, we don't have separate "band/choir" directors.
Read more discussion :