Thursday, December 24, 2009

WHat did you prefer? High school or college? (UK)


WHat did you prefer? High school or college? (UK)?
I'm in my last year of high school, and just wondering what you thought was better. Also, how many A Levels did you take? And what were they?
Primary & Secondary Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
College, for sure! College and school are very different in many ways. They still have some things which are similar (for instance, they care if you don't show up to lessons), but they're less strict and will give you the opportunity to expand your intellectual horizons if you wish to. Plus, I found teachers in secondary school more difficult to communicate with. It's as if they hate you or something sometimes. I myself, took on 4 AS Levels plus a GCSE retake (I got a D in maths due to the fact that I didn't have a teacher for my year 10 and 11 year. I know... I went to a terrible school. But I retook it and got a B!). However, I did pretty good. I got mostly A's and B's at GCSE. My AS's were in Ancient History, Drama, Religious Studies and Applied Science. But I dropped Drama in the first week and took up Archaeology. I passed all of them, with rather good grades, but I dropped Applied Science for my second year because I really didn't like It and I wasn't getting on well with some of the students in there. I really enjoyed college. I took up an Extended Project in my second year, which allowed to me to conduct my own research into a topic I found interesting. As I'm an Archaeology nut, I followed that pursuit. What are you planning on studying, might I ask?
Read more discussion :