Tuesday, February 1, 2011

US law school scholarships for UK graduates


US law school scholarships for UK graduates?
Hello, Here is my plan and please tell me your thoughts and please no negativity? Thanks. I am just completing the second year of my LLB in UK law from BPP university, I will be graduated with an LLB in law in May 2011. Now I am at the very top of my class! I have found my feet with law, I love it and am doing exceptionally well. I am like a prodigy. I am 31 and already have a degree in Politics & Criminology. I have worked for charities and equalities groups for 6 years and working full time whilst studying for this. Is there a scholarship I can get in the US? To study a professional law qualification? Now I do realize there are way too many lawyers in the US and I will not be able to find work blah blah blah, but I just want to live in the US for a while, I love it there and really want to experience life there : ) I would come over to work but it seems almost impossible. So, I was thinking there are scholarships for UK graduates right? If IĆ¢€™m exceptional at the subject, and if I have a strong commitment etc. Enlighten me please? Thanks and merry Christmas.xxxx
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are several states (NY, CA) that will allow you to sit their Bar exam with a British LLB although I have no idea how they will regard BPP's LLB. If you want to experience the US, my suggestion is to continue to track through the British system and get qualified. Then join a British firm with a US practice and take the NY Bar. That will give you a dual qualification and allow you to side step the work permit problem. Merry Christmas to you too!
Read more discussion :