Sunday, April 8, 2012

What are degree classifications equivalent to in US degree standards


What are degree classifications equivalent to in US degree standards?
I am applying to a UK school and they give all these options: Class I Class II (Division I) Class II (Division II) Class III Ordinary Pass Undivided 2nd Class Honors What do those mean in US Ungergraduate degree terms? I currently have a 3.6 GPA for my Bachelor's of Science if that helps.
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A 3.6 is on the low end of what might be considered a first class (so class I in your list) degree. The undergraduate admissions page for UCL (a good london based UK university) gives a rough correlation between GPA and equivalent UK classification. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate-study/application-admission/general-entrance-requirement