Friday, June 8, 2012

I am educated in the UK and have recently changed jobs here in USA, I need to know if my UK O'Levels good here


I am educated in the UK and have recently changed jobs here in USA, I need to know if my UK O'Levels good here
OK, I am from the UK and live in America. I have had several good jobs here but have recently relocated. In looking for a new job I find that all employers require a HSD or GED and need to know when I graduated High School. In UK we do not graduate we just finish school. I have 2 Levels, a City and Guilds Certificate and a Certificate from the School of Counseling and Therapy. That's more than four years of further education in the UK. Does anyone know what that is worth over here in the USA. (Or how to get it transposed) Thanks
Studying Abroad - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
dito i came over from uk to us and am a teacher u need to get yr transcripts and all yr colleges to send yr transcripts directly to an agency like the world education services who transpose yr transcript over to american equivalent courses. it take a few weeks - esp if u do it the wrong way and get yr certificates sent to u then forwarded they reject them- yes i learn the hard way good luck with all the paperwork!
2 :
Can you get a letter or certificate from your school that states that you finished. Present it to your potential employer as your "high school diploma." The education system is different in each country, but since you are in this one you need to accept, pleasantly, the differences. Good luck in your job search.
3 :
You should be OK, American schools are the easiest I've ever seen
Read more discussion :