Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How easy is it for an American to go to medical school in the UK? How can I do it


How easy is it for an American to go to medical school in the UK? How can I do it?
Hello! I am a 24-year-old with a BA from the University of Chicago. I am currently in a post-baccalaureate program for pre-medical students during which I am finishing the requirements for applying to medical school in the US (Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Biology, etc.). I also work at a reputable laboratory in biochemistry. I am currently considering applying to medical schools in the UK and I was wondering if that is possible for me? Does any one know how this can be done? I would not only to go to medical school there but also immigrate there permanently and practice in the UK or other EU countries. Can anyone direct me to a useful site or provide other information about this issue? Thank you! I would just like to add that my undergraduate degree was in sociology and that is the reason I am in a post-bacc. Any information about how that would be received in such an application to medical schools in the UK would also be appreciated.
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There is a big scheme running called the marie curie fellowships where foreign researchers can study in the EU with supports. go to www.cordis.europa.eu and look for the programme called PEOPLE. This is a 6 billion $ programme which gives THOUSANDS of scholarships.... Good luck and happy new year
Read more discussion :