Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm 16 and still at school in the UK, am I really only allowed to work 2 hours on a Sunday


I'm 16 and still at school in the UK, am I really only allowed to work 2 hours on a Sunday?
This is a bit of a stupid question because it clearly says so on the government website: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeople/Workandcareers/Yourrightsandresponsibilitiesatwork/DG_066272 But I just can't believe it! I have the same rights as a 14 year old?! What the ****? Can that be right? I currently work 8 hours on either a Saturday or Sunday, occasionally both. Am I really breaking the law? If I left school last year I would be able to work Sundays. Also, this page seems to contradict the definition of a "young worker". http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeople/Workandcareers/Yourrightsandresponsibilitiesatwork/DG_174530 What is going on? Oops, I coud have sworn I asked this question in a different topic.... any ideas though??
Football (American) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
How exactly is this a football question? It's not even football on your side of the pond (soccer to us yanks). Check your categories, please.
2 :
Why would you want to work? If you want to work so bad, you can meet with your employer behind closed doors and work out some plan. No one is going to care unless you complain. BTW, how was that FOOTBALL game yesterday?
Read more discussion :