Saturday, July 16, 2011

Which is a better University to study my undergrad in history? Duke(US) or the London School of Economics(UK)


Which is a better University to study my undergrad in history? Duke(US) or the London School of Economics(UK)?
I am also considering for the other social sciences subjects like politics. I am also considering for the other social sciences subjects like politics. I intend to work in the financial world upon graduation without any limitations to how employers will view me whether I work in the UK or US I am not particular with the student experience...just wondering which will secure me a better future in the job market globally Do tell me ur reasons as to why one is better than the other
Higher Education (University +) - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
national university of sinkapore.
2 :
Duke I would say.
3 :
DUKE
4 :
These schools are so totally different, that it is impossible to say which would be better unless we knew more about your life plans. Are you intending to work in the US or the UK? Do you want an urban world-city experience, or a classic US rural campus experience. Are you a sports fan? Take a look at some of the parameters. If you are smart enough to be admitted to these schools, you should be smart enough to make a good decision.
5 :
Both are great universities. LSE is not really known (to the layman) for anything other than economics, while Duke is known as one of the best universities in the world. For history, I would give the slight edge to Duke. Since you indicated an interest in economics and finance, I will comment on that, too. For economics LSE has a very slight edge on the undergraduate level. On the graduate level, Duke has a marked edge in finance and financial econometrics while LSE would be superior in most other areas of economics.
Read more discussion :